Clean Room facility detailed info Assembly & test capabili¤es in high performance Clean Room
• High accuracy optomechanical assembly and alignments and electrical integration.
• Optics test and quality characterization.
• Optics high precision cleaning (power laser level).
• High reliability space mechanisms mounting (scanning axes, micro-motors, actuators, refocusing devices).
All HST personnel a ended to dedicated training courses to operate Clean Room ac vies on Space Flight Hardware, in particular:
• Opera on procedures for clean room areas (up to class ISO-5environment)
• Particle and molecular controlled contamination & prevention
• ESD protection, behaviour, controls and normatives.
• Quality Assurance aspects ( traceability topics, reporting, preparation of as-built documentation, Non–Conformance management).
• N. 2 senior technicians with 40 years experience achieved in Galileo (now Leonardo Comp.y – Firenze ), plus additional working years as technicians in Clean Room in HST
• N.2 junior technicians with experience in acvities in Galileo Clean Rooms as optomechanical assembly operators, plus some years in HST Clean Room.
• N.2 Product Assurance technicians.